What Is More Important In Forex Than Making Money?

What Is More Important In Forex Than Making Money?

I haven't been able to make any progress monetarily in about a month. I'm up about 4% this month but breaking my account balance all-time high has been a struggle. I'm pretty much stuck where I was around this time last month. I'm not all that concerned and shouldn't be considering I was preaching patience a couple of days ago. It's just that everytime I open my trading platform, the account balance is just staring me in the face.

It's more important that I progress as a risk-aversed trader. For newer traders, it's very important for you to understand that learning methods to control your risk should be a priority. Making gains monetarily is obviously important but making gains and strides elsewhere are more important. When I first started trading mostly with demo accounts, I had some unbelievably profitable trades but my strategies were random and my risk and leverage too high. A lot of this is just pure luck and not going to take you to the next level. Your account balance shouldn't be used as a guage for success. Some questions to ask yourself to guage your success may be:

Have you managed to minimize your risk and maximize your reward?

Have you maintained consistency?

Have you been able to control your emotions?

Have you developed a complete trading system that you've been able to follow without deviation?

If you haven't been profitable, have you at least been able to turn those gushing drawdowns into slow bleeders?

If you're new to trading forex or have been trading for a couple of years, the #1 goal is to stay in the game as long as you can. I've talked to many traders over the years and many of them have been in and outers. They'll jump in head first, blow up multiple accounts, and jump out never to be heard from again. There are other traders I've known who couldn't consistently turn a profit and instead turned into mentors or forex marketers. Heed caution... There are also others who couldn't stand the non-regulation of forex and went back to trading futures or stocks. There are a couple traders still around since I started but I can count them on one hand. It takes years to become a trader and I can't even say that for certain. I'm still not there but I'm still around and giving myself at least 5 years. If it doesn't work out for me or you after 5 years, just think of the countless people who have gone to college and have never entered into the field of their degree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Engaged